Wednesday, May 22, 2013

songs of life - here comes the sun

i'm taking a break from all of the pregnancy talk to participate in a lifestyle photography blog circle entitled songs of life. for each post, we'll be showcasing lifestyle images inspired by a preselected song title. this month's song was "here comes the sun" by the beatles. after weeks of waiting through days of rain, finn and i finally found time on a bright midday to bask in the sunlight.

of course, following these photos i finally realized that the minor issues with focus i have been recently noticing were full blown issues and i sent my gear to canon. so, please excuse the soft/missed focus on many of these.

since the goal of this project is to shoot in a more lifestyle manner, i tried to avoid classic portraiture with posing and eye contact. finn is at a "wild man" age of constant movement. running, swinging arms, shaking his hair...he can't be still! i hope these images capture his spirited personality, freely running in a field of yellow dandelions and soaking up the warm (fully overhead, of course!) sun.

i'll let the images do the rest of the talking...you should be able to click on them to see them larger.


i'm linking up to my photography friend keshia at the greatful mom. click on that link to check out her interpretation of "here comes the sun" and be sure to click through to the rest of the participants in the circle, too!

5 comments:

Eris1995 said...

I love seeing Finn running all around in the field!

Rachel said...

I just love those curls! You can feel the joy in these photos by just looking at them! Love them!

Rebecca said...

Great execution for full midday sun! I love his curls (but I have a soft spot for curly headed little boys ;p)

Sharon said...

I love how you captured his free spirit in these! I am so impressed with you tackling full sun! Love them!

Lucy Sandeen said...

Such a great idea to just embrace the full sun for these images. Looks like he had so much fun, too! :)