you should be able to click on these images to see them larger
the theme was green. the decor included lots of pennant flag bunting, his monthly photos, and lots of other green accents. i made everything, including a "1" shirt that i didn't snap a picture of...
the food was green. edamame, veggies, minted fruit salad, pickles, dipped marshmallows...the list goes on. i made homemade funfetti cupcakes with only green "funfetti". we served beer in green bottles, limeade, and sparkling lime water.
we did a traditional cake smash. real cake. real frosting. at first he just looked at. i gave him a taste and he licked his fingers clean. and then he dove in face first. he ate a ton of cake and hardly used his hands at all. it was hilarious and perfect. i had a moment while everyone was signing happy birthday. one of those this is a moment times when you scan the room and take it all in. it was his first birthday. twenty years from now i'll tell stories of him eating his cake without his hands while everyone laughed and clapped.
and he was spoiled! books and new clothes (he has nothing long enough!) and puzzles and toys. and the big gift from his grandparents - a walk-on tricycle! i didn't think he'd be ready, but my little one year old took off on his trike like some big kid. like he'd been practicing or something.
he still has another party with the other set of relatives so i'll share even more first birthday love. and i've also got his last in the first year series of monthly photos to share along with stats and milestones. stay tuned :)
happy first birthday, finley holden!







4 comments:
I've been waiting for this post and love it!! Love the pictures and I was even there, how silly of me!
Did he like the Happy Birthday pop-up book? Can't wait for his MN party!
His birthday looks amazing! I LOVE the decorations and the green theme. And, I love your post about the mixed emotions of when your baby, YOUR BABY turns 1. I'm on the verge of 2 over here, and let me tell you, it doesn't get easier...but it also gets more exciting. How can it be both? I remember when Jan 2010 rolled around last year and I put Charlie to bed on New Years Eve and cried real tears while I told her the next day, it would no longer be her birth year. And then I felt like a total sap. :)
ONE?!?!? It has all gone so fast. I can't believe it's almost G's turn. :( (Adorable birthday decor too!)
Post a Comment