well, unless i get abs of steel in the next few months that i'll definitely want to show off, these will be my last belly pictures for this pregnancy. i still have a nice layer of flubby skin on my low belly, but the bump is pretty much gone. i haven't weighed myself but i know i'm not even close to pre-pregnancy. i have a lot to lose on my arms, hips and thighs and somehow i've got to get rid of the stretchmarks that are everywhere. no lie, i found more after pregnancy and i have no idea how i'll ever wear a bathing suit without scaring people from the beach. with that, here's my 2 week and 1 month postpartum belly shots:
as far as being 1 month past labor, i'm feeling good (aside from exhaustion due to certain newborn's schedule). the first few weeks were difficult to move around, but i've healed quite well. thank goodness for mesh underwear, ice packs, pads, and witch hazel (plus a constant dose of motrin). i've been off those things for the past two weeks and i feel almost back to normal. though for standard tmi purposes, my stitches are still in place. i'll be happy when those melt or absorb or whatever they do...i could go without the direct reminder of how i got them ;)
i'm lucky to have not gotten the baby blues. at least, not yet. i was of course sad about no longer being pregnant, but my baby makes me so happy that i can't possibly get sad over him. yes, i get frustrated when he cries at 4 am and i am tired. i have some self esteem problems over this body i'm left with, but it got me a healthy baby and i am thankful for the work it did. overall, i'd say i'm doing well and feeling pretty good!
after a month of breastfeeding, i finally feel comfortable with it. it wasn't easy. it was painful for the first few days, but i pumped on top of his feedings and have a freezer stash with 100 oz ready when i need it. he can now latch easily and it's no longer painful. i wanted and still want to give up, but i won't. i know the benefits and i do think as he becomes more alert, the bonding will continue. right now i feel like an animal, which, i guess i am. mammals lactate and feed their young - humans aren't special in that regard. i also hate how much i leak. breast pads are annoying and mine are constantly "full". i wash nursing bras and tops almost daily. if i even think of finn my boobs fill up and consequently leak...
so, that's that. i've been a mom for one month and i couldn't be happier with my little family. mr. h3b is an amazing father and watching him (he's wearing the moby and vacuuming as i write this!) with his son makes me so proud and happy. we are a team and i am so lucky.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
you look wonderful!!!
You look amazing! Who needs (two-piece) swimsuits anyway?! Glad to hear that the breastfeeding is going well :)
Some words of wisdom: Keep on going! I nursed HM until he was 13 months and still miss it almost everyday. I too felt more like an animal than anything else for the first few weeks, but it becomes more and more amazing as time continues. And once you stop there's no going back.
Can't wait to see you guys soon! Give Finn a kiss :) XOXO
Love the update & your pp progress makes me SO ready to not be pregnant anymore!
Wow! You look great! I'm 5 weeks pp and still look at times like I'm 20 weeks pg...bring on the 30 day shred!!:)
I'm quite impressed by your freezer stash too! Never thought i'd be jealous of another woman's ability to lactate but my boobies = FAIL so I'll just go on being impressed by your success.
keep the updates coming - it's encouraging seeing another mom doing so well!
Wow- you look amazing!!! I will be thrilled if I look like that 1 month pp! I will also be thrilled if I have the same luck as you with breastfeeding. It is amazing that Finn is getting nice and chubby solely from the nourishment you are giving him! He is so adorable and I love all of the new pics!! It seems like the first month has gone so well- congrats! Wow, I can't believe it has already been a whole month :)
lovely post - you look great!
awesome job with the nursing:) when Finn looks up into your eyes and makes a huge smile right at you, spilling a mouthfull of milk down your belly you'll be more than happy that you continued:)
You're looking fantastic! I hope I recover as quickly as you have and literally have a flat tummy like yours at one month pp. Keep up the great work! It's inspirational to read your honest struggles and makes me excited for my own LO to arrive.
Post a Comment