Monday, December 7, 2009

3rd ultrasound



i'm back from my 24 week appointment and follow-up ultrasound. it was nice to see baby h3b again. he was very good this time and gave us the necessary profile shot. the pictures didn't come out super clear, but i could make out the forehead, nose, lips, and chin even better as the tech was showing me.

he is still a he (we have another crotch shot to prove it, but i'll spare you) and weighs 1 lb 11 oz. his heart rate was 119 bpm and his measurements for belly, femur, heart, etc. all look great.

i had a nice chat with my dr. and, following my scale reading this morning, asked about my weight gain. so far, i've put on...and please, no gaping mouths here...25 lbs. already! i about fainted right there. but she said it was fine. the more i gain, the more i have to work off after baby, but that she wasn't worried a bit. (insert image of breastfeeding while on the elliptical - yeah not worried, either...). i got my h1n1 shot and my next appointment will be in 2 weeks for the 1 hour glucose test.

must limit candy...

7 comments:

In With the Light said...

what a cute face! i am glad you are doing well and don't worry about the weight gain...check out my update and you will see how much I have gained! ahhh! ;)

Jen said...

your belly is SO CUTE! I think I see "the line" showing up...that lingered around longer on me than any of the extra pounds did (it just disappeared a few weeks ago). That being said, don't worry about weight gain at all! It will melt off you!

I promise it will, with minimal effort. Nursing does that!!!

Megan said...

Are you planning to do one of those 3D ultrasounds? I've seen a few from friends on facebook, and they are really cool!

Tamar said...

he's so cute--he totally looks like you already. also, you look gorgeous and glowing!

Mrs.Beaver said...

Glad you got a good profile shot this time! I wouldn't worry about the weight gain- you look great in your picture!

Unknown said...

I've got the cutest grandson ever. I promise they are all right. If you breast feed the weight will just disappear.

h3b said...

thanks, all! i know i'll get back down to a personally acceptable weight...it was just a shock to see the scale number.

meg - not sure if we'll do a 3d/4d u/s. we'd have to pay out of pocket for it and i'm ok with being surprised by his features when he gets here.