in trying to distract myself from the stress and annoyance that is buying a home, i have taken to obsessing over fabrics for the nursery. since i have found nothing i really like in terms of bedding and i'm also not interested in a set, i plan on making my own pieces. i can sew (i better be able to, i graduated with a degree in clothing design...) and i really only want a couple of sheets and one or two crib skirts.
since the the nursery will be gray with white furniture and pops of aqua and yelllow, and we're having a boy (which plays only somewhat into my decisions), i've been trying to find bright options for sheets to bring in more color to the space. want to take a peek at my findings?
amy butler - martini - mustard
paula prass - garden trellis - aqua
laura gunn - painted polka dot - aqua
amy butler - grey wallflower
(above images and fabrics available from quilthome.com)
paula prass chevron stripe - yellow and white
ta dot polka dot - aqua on white
retro abstract floral - grey and blue
paula prass - party animal zebra - yellow
(above images and fabric from hartsfabric.com)
ta dot polka dot - aqua on white
retro abstract floral - grey and blue
paula prass - party animal zebra - yellow
(above images and fabric from hartsfabric.com)
now i just need to make decisions. for the sheets, i know i don't need more than 2 yards, so they'll be somewhat affordable (comparing to "designer" sheets i've priced online). if you've seen any fabulous grey, mustard/bright yellow, or aqua fabrics, feel free to post the links!
not nesting yet...






5 comments:
No offense, but I don't really like the two yellow ones on the bottom. The one on the right looks like the vikings zubas that I see old guys with mullets wearing around here. I think the flower design is too girly for a boy (although I like it.)I like the 3 polka-dot ones the best.
Michael Miller has some great new fabrics in yellow and grey. http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/MMF/Swatch2.cfm?&Gnam=Gray%20Citron%20and%20Black%20Group
We're going to use the Zoology print in citron along with probably a stripe and a polka dot. Love your choices, too!
Your first four fabrics are some of the same ones I'm considering. Did you know that the greys in the two don't actually match? They don't look bad together, but the floral like design one has more of a taupe grey look.
Whatever you choose I'm sure the nursery will be adorable!
meg, who doesn't want giant hammer pants?? i do like the yellow prints but agree that the flower might be too girly.
thanks for the feedback, everyone!
I love "garden trellis"!
Post a Comment