Friday, April 15, 2011

riding a bike

it's true. my big boy rode his bike outside for the first time. i'm not surprised - i mean he hopped on that trike within minutes of opening it on his first birthday and never had a problem getting around. but the helmet? the little shoes? the scooting across cement with ease? i had a cuteness overload right there in our yard.
he was thrilled! he laughed and ran like he'd been waiting to do this his whole life. he can't steer yet, so there were many grass run-ins, but he was overjoyed to just be outside on the trike. i took these after the sun went down and no one was out but us and it was one of those moments (you know...i've mentioned them before) where i paused and banked the feeling. this is my boy riding his bike outside for the first time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! I'm not sure if you'll see this or if you'll be around, but wanted to put this out there just in case: I'm going to a photography workshop in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend, and the photographer running it (Me Ra) is looking for models -- we need families with kids Sunday afternoon. Not sure if you'll be around that weekend, but thought I'd see! You'd get some awesome family photos for free! Anyhoo, give me a shout if you're interested and I can give you more details. Hope you're doing well!

Sarah

LitosMena said...

Aww I love his little bike!